The Churchill Pride – August 7th, 2017
Dear Churchill Community,
I can’t believe that the summer is quickly coming to an end. We hope that you have had a restful and relaxing summer as a family. The Churchill faculty is working hard to ensure that this is going to be the most amazing year ever for each of our students and families!
Here are a few reminders and announcements in preparation for the school year:
Back to School Picnic
Our Back to School Picnic will take place Thursday, August 17th from 5:30 until 7:00 p.m. The classrooms will be open from 5:30 until 6:15 so that parents and students can drop off school supplies and quickly meet teachers. This event is also a great opportunity to learn more about our amazing PTA and how you can support them by becoming a member. Please be sure to stop by the membership table as you catch up with other families and possibly grab a quick bite to eat during the picnic portion of the event.
Class Placement Letters
Next week we will be mailing out our classroom placement letters. Please make sure that you have completed the registration process to ensure that your child receives a class placement letter. Registration now requires all students to prove residency, which is new for the 2017-18 school year. Students who are not registered will not be sent a classroom placement letter. Families that need to complete the registration process will instead receive a letter indicating that we need you to come to Churchill with copies of current residency information. Once you have completed the enrollment / proof of residency process your child will be placed on a class list. Please call the Churchill office if you have any questions at (847) 357-6300.
Run to Read
Mark your calendars now to attend the District 54 Run to Read. This year’s Run to Read will take place on . Churchill has earned the highest participation award for the last three years. Be sure to check out the trophy in the office at Churchill the next time you come in! Help us to continue the tradition this year by participating in the 5K run, 1 mile family walk, 100 or 400 yard dash. For more information, or to register for the race, go to https://sd54.org/resources/runtoread.
School Supply Lists
A copy of the school supply list is included in the letter being mailed home next week. You can also find the school supply list on our website at https://churchill.sd54.org/resources/2017-18-school-supply-list.
Meet the Churchill Team:
We are thrilled to announce our staff roster. Here are the grade level teaching teams for the 2017-18 school year:
• Mrs. Deborah Dubinsky
• Mrs. Judy Stewart
• Mrs. Jill Peterson
• Mrs. Heather Formas
1st/2nd Grade Team:
• Mrs. Nikki Piper
• Mrs. Tracey Mestas
• Mrs. Katie Cotteleer
• Mrs. Kristin Johnson
• Ms. Amanda Conway
• Ms. Brianne Durante
• Mrs. Laura Lamont
3rd / 4th Grade Team:
• Miss Nicolette Natalino
• Mrs. Caitlin Johnson
• Mrs. Jennie Cerami
• Miss Rachel Freund
• Miss Becca Hayes
• Miss Christine Necas
• Mrs. Lasha Baker
5th / 6th Grade Team:
• Mrs. Maegan Kubick
• Mrs. Kara Rice
• Mrs. Heather Fantauzzo
• Mrs. Laura Weiner
• Mrs. Christine Cimorelli
• Miss Lauren Hanley
• Mrs. Faiza Ahearn
• Mrs. Arlene Duval
• Ms. Evelyn Jada
• Mrs. Joanna Merrill
• Mrs. Laura Huyser – Secretary
• Mrs. Stephanie Koscik – Nurse
• Mrs. Lori Sall – Secretary
• Mr. Steve Kern – Principal
• Mrs. Carol Novak – Assistant Principal
Fine Arts / Learning Resource Team:
• Mr. Brandon Bolger-P.E.
• Ms. Hannah Vaselaney – P.E.
• Ms. Liz Steckling-Music
• Ms. Allison Buettner – Music
• Mrs. Hesper Wolfe – Art
• Ms. Anneliese Baumann – Art
• Mrs. Amanda Martin – Orchestra
• Mr. Sean Stroka – Band
• Mrs. Julie Tomchuk – LMT
• Ms. Lisa Pollastrini – LMA
Special Education Team:
• Mrs. Mary Brodie – Social Worker
• Mrs. Megan Devault – Speech
• Ms. Rebecca Gadomski – Psychologist
• Mrs. Haven Northrop – SST
• Ms. Laurie Zeller – SST
• Ms. Christine Flores – OT
• Mrs. Robyn Nall – PT
Instructional Assistant Team:
• Mrs. Kim Feck – Special Ed. Asst.
• Mrs. Sarah Kalter – Special Ed. Asst.
• Mrs. Sangita Kumar – Special Ed. Asst.
• Mrs. Nancy Quintana – Special Ed Asst.
Instructional Resource Team:
• Ms. Erica Heffernan – Literacy Resource Teacher
• Mrs. Jennifer DeBias – Gifted Enrichment Teacher
• Mr. Bill Kirkpatrick – Day Custodian
• Ms. Jaime Innis – Night Custodian
• Mr. Imer Kasa – Night Custodian
• Mr. Mason Antonson- Night Custodian
• August 10 School Information Day 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 -8:00 p.m.
• August 17 Back to School Picnic 5:30-7:00 p.m.
• August 21 First Day of School First through Sixth Grades
• August 28 First Day of School Kindergarten
Enjoy the remaining days of summer. We can’t wait to reconnect with you on the 17th of August!
Steve Kern Carol Novak