The Churchill Pride – December 18, 2017
Good morning Churchill community,
The Churchill staff would like to wish you a happy holiday! Our winter break will start at the end of the day on Thursday. Students will return to school on Monday, January 8th.
We hope that you and your families have a restful and relaxing break.
Steve Kern Carol Novak
Principal Assistant Principal
Winter Break Reading Log
Winter break is a time to relax and enjoy time with the family. This can also be a great time to foster a love of reading for pleasure. This winter break we are encouraging students to find books to read and include on their reading log. This week students will be bringing home a reading log with a reading goal set by their classroom teacher. Students who complete the log and turn it in after the vacation will receive a coupon good for a piece of cake at Portillo’s.
Here are some additional family friendly activities to try at home over break to keep reading and writing present this holiday season!
District 54 Windy City Bulls Night – Dec. 20
The Windy City Bulls will host a District 54 takeover night on Wednesday, Dec. 20, at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, and a portion of the proceeds from each ticket purchased will be donated back to the District 54 Education Foundation to provide breakfast to students from financially struggling families. Click here for more information or to purchase tickets.
Come see the Churchill Dance Club perform.
5 Essentials Survey:
We currently have had 5% of the Churchill families complete the 5 Essentials survey. This is an extremely important survey. Please take the time to complete this survey so that we can use your feedback as a part of our school improvement planning process. We need to have at least 20% of the families respond, for the results to be included in results.
Please go to the following link and complete the survey prior to January 31st. Our goal is have over 20% of our households complete the survey. Please help Churchill set the record for having the highest parent participation rate in District 54!
District 54 Cold Weather Response Plan
In order to help parents better prepare for the severe cold weather and snow we often get during winters in our community, I wanted to share with you the District 54 Severe Cold Weather Response Plan. Though District 54 makes every effort to keep our schools open and operational, circumstances beyond our control oftentimes dictate school closings.
PTA Hot Lunch 2nd semester hot lunch orders ready to be placed online!
HOT LUNCHES FROM WCPTA54.com
Online Ordering Instructions
- Go to WCPTA54.com and click on HOT LUNCH.
- If you already have an account, please login and place your orders (skip to step 7).
- If you do not have an account, click “Create an account”.
- Fill out short registration form.
- Remember your username and Password:
- Username:__________________ Password:__________________
- Click on “Student” at the top of the page.
- Click “Add Student”.
- Repeat for every child you have that attends Churchill.
- Click “Order” at top of page.
- Notice your child’s name in the upper right hand corner? This is who you are ordering for. If you have more than one child to order for, then you must place orders for each of them.
- Scroll to the following dates and place your order:
- 02-01-2018 – Dairy Queen
- 02-22-2018 – McDonalds
- 03-08-2018 – Culvers
- 03-22-2018 – Jason’s Deli
- 04-12-2018 – Riccardo’s
- 04-26-2018 – Dairy Queen
- 05-10-2018 – Culvers
- When all ordering is complete, go to shopping cart.
- Please make payment. Orders are not complete until payment has been made.
Don’t forget to order your yearbook before prices go up. After Dec 20 the prices will go up to $20.00. Last day for online sells is March 23. Reserve your copy today!
Upcoming Events and PTA Snack Day Snacks – All snack days are $2
Thursday December 21st-Hot Food (Jason’s Deli)
Stay up to date with what is going on at Churchill!
Calendar: Churchill Calendar of Events
Website:Churchill School Website