The Churchill Pride – December 21, 2017
Good morning Churchill community,
Wow what an exciting last day of school. The energy of the students and staff was definitely measureable today!
Before going into the vacation we would like to thank those that were able to attend the Windy City Bulls game last night. The Churchill Dance Team took the stage between the first and second periods and danced an amazing routine! Congratulations to the dancers and Miss Freund for putting together a top notch performance!
Don’t forget, students started their winter vacation today. Students will return to school on Monday, January 8th.
We hope that you and your families have a restful and relaxing break.
Steve Kern Carol Novak
Principal Assistant Principal
Don’t forget to order your yearbook. The yearbook cost is $20.00 and the last day for online is March 23. Reserve your copy today!
(Click here for the attachment) Yearbookflieronline.jpg
Winter Break Reading Log
Winter break is a time to relax and enjoy time with the family. This can also be a great time to foster a love of reading for pleasure. This winter break we are encouraging students to find books to read and include on their reading log. Students who complete the log and turn it in after the vacation will receive a coupon good for a piece of cake at Portillo’s.
Here are some additional family friendly activities to try at home over break to keep reading and writing present this holiday season!
Newsletter from the Physical Education Teachers
As you know reading and mathematics are both critical to the future success of our children. Equally as important to the development of the whole child is fitness. Please see the attachment for helpful ways to increase healthy fitness habits.
(Click here for the attachment) Churchill PE Newsletter Winter 2017.pdf
5 Essentials Survey
Thank you to the families who have already completed the survey. We have increased our parent responses from 5 to 8% of the Churchill families having completed the 5 Essentials survey. Please help us achieve our goal of 20% of the school completing the survey. At Churchill we want your feedback to help us with the School Improvement Planning process. Let’s set a record for District 54!!!
Please go to the following link and complete the survey prior to January 31st. Our goal is have over 20% of our households complete the survey. Please help Churchill set the record for having the highest parent participation rate in District 54!
Hot Lunch Correction
The hot lunch scheduled for January 19th is actually for the 18th. Hot lunch dates are always on every other Thursday. The 19th is a Friday. This was an oversight and I apologize for this mistake and any inconvenience this may cause.
PTA Hot Lunch 2nd semester hot lunch orders ready to be placed online!
HOT LUNCHES FROM WCPTA54.com
Online Ordering Instructions
- Go to WCPTA54.com and click on HOT LUNCH.
- If you already have an account, please login and place your orders (skip to step 7).
- If you do not have an account, click “Create an account”.
- Fill out short registration form.
- Remember your username and Password:
- Username:__________________ Password:__________________
- Click on “Student” at the top of the page.
- Click “Add Student”.
- Repeat for every child you have that attends Churchill.
- Click “Order” at top of page.
- Notice your child’s name in the upper right hand corner? This is who you are ordering for. If you have more than one child to order for, then you must place orders for each of them.
- Scroll to the following dates and place your order:
- 02-01-2018 – Dairy Queen
- 02-22-2018 – McDonalds
- 03-08-2018 – Culvers
- 03-22-2018 – Jason’s Deli
- 04-12-2018 – Riccardo’s
- 04-26-2018 – Dairy Queen
- 05-10-2018 – Culvers
- When all ordering is complete, go to shopping cart.
- Please make payment. Orders are not complete until payment has been made.
Schaumburg Parent University – January classes
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two evening programs scheduled for January.
- Concussion Prevention and Treatment. Dr. Shaun O’Leary, the head of Northwest Community Hospital’s Neurosciences Center, will speak to a community of parents and athletes about the dangers of concussions. In an hour-long format with a Q & A session to follow, he will discuss the detection, diagnosis and treatment of concussions. This presentation is for adults, as well as children in sixth grade and older. The program is from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 11, 2018 at the District 54 Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
- Making an Herb Garden. This event is for parents and students. Each attendee will be able to choose from seeds such as parsley, cilantro, basil and dill and plant their own garden. All supplies will be provided. The cost is $5 and there is a limit of 30 spaces. This hands-on activity will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Jan. 30 at Lakeview School, 615 Lakeview Lane, Hoffman Estates.
If you are interested in attending these free events, please click on the links. Free childcare is available. For more information about Schaumburg Parent University and to register, visit our website at http://sd54.org/spu or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
District 54 Cold Weather Response Plan
In order to help parents better prepare for the severe cold weather and snow we often get during winters in our community, I wanted to share with you the District 54 Severe Cold Weather Response Plan. Though District 54 makes every effort to keep our schools open and operational, circumstances beyond our control oftentimes dictate school closings.
Stay up to date with what is going on at Churchill!
Calendar: Churchill Calendar of Events
Website:Churchill School Website
Upcoming Events and PTA Snack Day Snacks – All snack days are $2
Thursday January 11th-6:30pm PTA Meeting
Friday January 12th-Snack Day
Wednesday January 17th-Dine Out Night
Thursday January 18th-Hot Food (Pho Chopsticks)
Friday January 19th-Snack Day
Thursday January 25th-5:30-7pm BINGO Night
Friday January 26th-Snack Day