Halloween Class Party
We have two classroom parties each year, planned for and run by our PTA room representatives. I would like to take this moment to thank the parents who have volunteered to be room parents. Thank you for dedicating this time to support our teachers and students! Our first party will be held on Thursday, October 31 for Halloween!
Halloween Parade & Celebration Guidelines
Below are the guidelines for our Halloween parade and celebration to ensure that we all have a good time:
- Children should bring their costumes to school. Students cannot wear costumes or makeup to school. Please make certain that your child can put their costumes on, over the top of their clothes, by themselves within a relatively short time.
- Be certain that your child can see through any mask or head covering.
- Costumes worn at school cannot have weapons, look-alike weapons (squirt guns, chains, plastic swords, etc.), fake blood, gore, scary costumes, or costumes depicting violence.
- Please ensure that costumes are appropriate and not offensive to all ages at our school.
- Please do not send food, candy, or drinks with your child for the class party. Any food, candy, or drink sent to school will be sent back home with the student.
Dismissal will be at the regular time. October 31st is a Thursday so students will be dismissed at 3:00 p.m. Students will not have time to change back into their clothing prior to dismissal.
If the weather permits, the costume parade will be outdoors starting at approximately 1:00. Family members can stand in the middle of the blacktop to take pictures, while the students parade around the perimeter of the blacktop. If the weather is inclement, then all grade levels will parade through the gym. Parents will be able to stand in the middle of the gym, while the students parade around the perimeter.
Class parties will be held from 1:30-2:30. Due to limited space, the only adults who can attend the classroom party are the room parents who have signed up through the PTA. Room Parents may begin signing into the school through the main office at 12:40 to begin setting up.