#ChurchillPride – February 7, 2020
Dear Churchill Community,
We had such an amazing turnout for our Kindergarten registration. Thank you for continuing to help your neighbors and friends remember that they need to come into school to register their incoming kindergarten child for the 2020-21 school year. It is important that we get all of our incoming children into the system so that we can start the scheduling process.
Don’t forget that next week we have our Parent Conferences on February 13th and 14th. Students have a half day of school on Thursday and do not have school on Friday. Our students are looking forward to sharing with you their progress toward the goals that you set at the beginning of the school year. Definitely reach out to your child’s teacher if you need to confirm your meeting date and time.
We hope that you have had a wonderful week.
Have a great week!
Steve Kern, Principal Carol Novak, Assistant Principal
Dogs on Property
As a reminder, we are continuing our practice from previous years. Dogs, of any size, are not allowed on school property. We have students who are afraid of dogs, while some have allergies to dogs as well. We also know that sometimes dogs can be unpredictable in how they respond to other dogs and large groups of students. For all of these reasons we do not allow any dogs to be present on school property during arrival and dismissal time. Thank you for helping us to create a safe and healthy environment for all of our students!
News from the School Nurse:
This letter is to inform you of symptoms of conjunctivitis. This is commonly known as “PINK EYE”.
Symptoms may include
* Itchy, burning, watery eyes
* Sensitivity to light
* Clear to pus-like discharge from the eye
* Crusted or sealed eyelids upon awakening
* Redness of the white lining of the eye
* Confirmed by health care provider
* Conjunctivitis may be caused by a bacteria, virus, or allergen
* Direct contact with an infected person
* Indirect contact with contaminated surfaces or objects
* Consult healthcare provider
* Eye medication may be prescribed depending on the cause
* Medication should be given a minimum of 24 hours before returning to school
* Child should use own towel and washcloth
* Remind child to avoid touching/rubbing their eyes and wash hands frequently
If your child develops symptoms similar to those of conjunctivitis, please keep your child home from school, contact your healthcare provider, and inform the school nurse of a confirmed case. Remember that good hand washing is the number one way to prevent the spread of communicable disease.
Student Led Conferences
- We are looking forward to seeing everyone at conferences on February 13th and 14th. All classroom teachers will be sending home a reminder with your conference date and time. It is generally the same as your fall conference day and time.
- Students will be leading out the conference so be sure to bring them with you.
- If you need to reschedule your appointment or have questions, please contact your child’s teacher.
- Our PTA will also be hosting the Book Fair in the gym on Thursday during conferences.
Save the Date Feed My Starving Children
On Tuesday, March 3rd you are invited to go to Feed My Starving Children with the Churchill community.
WHO: CHURCHILL FAMILIES & STAFF
WHEN: Tuesday March 3, 2020 – – – 6:00 pm-7:30 pm
WHERE: FMSC – 740 Wiley Farm Ct. Schaumburg, IL 60173
(NEAR: intersection of Plum Grove road & National Parkway)
WHAT: Help pack food for children around the world
HOW to SIGN UP: Link to the session sign up. Session Code: 7GX91L
As you are registering to volunteer please follow the student-to-adult ratios provided to us from FMSC.
For safety reasons, children under the age of 5 are not allowed in our packing area (Sorry, no exceptions)
Adult to child ratio:
Grades K-2: 1 student to 1 adult
Grades 3-6: 3 students to 1 adult
Spanish Speech Contest
It is my pleasure to announce that we are now accepting applications for District 54 Annual Spanish Speech Contest. Here is a link to the application and more information: Spanish Speech Contest application
Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday, Feb 11th- PTA Meeting @ 6:30p
- Wednesday, Feb 12th- Birthday Book Club (Bday in Jan, Feb and March)
- Thursday, Feb 13th- Half Day of School, Teacher Conferences, Bookfair and Dine Out Night
- Friday, Feb 14th- No School and Teacher Conferences
- Monday, Feb 17th- No School
- Friday, Feb 21st- Family Fun Fair
- Friday, Feb 21st: Snack Day – Snack Pack
- Thursday, Feb 27th- Hot Lunch
- Friday, Feb 28th: Snack Day – Nachos
- Friday, Feb 28th: End of 2nd Trimester
- Tuesday, March 3rd: Feed My Starving Children
- Friday, March 6th: Snack Day – Ice Cream
- Monday, March 9th: Spring Picture Day
- Thursday, March 12th: 5th / 6th Grade Band Concert
- Friday, March 13th: Snack Day – Snack Pack
- Monday, March 16th: PTA Movie Night
- Wednesday, March 18th: 5th / 6th Grade Orchestra Concert
- Friday, March 20th: Snack Day – *Please note, there will be NO Snack Day on Friday, March 20th
- Mon – Fri, March 23-27: Spring Break (No School)
- Friday, April 3rd: Snack Day – Nachos
- Friday, April 17th: Snack Day – Ice Cream
- Friday, April 24th: Snack Day – Snack Pack
- Friday, May 1st: Snack Day – Nachos
- Friday, May 8th: Snack Day – Ice Cream
- Friday, May 15th: Snack Day – Nachos
- Friday, May 22nd: Snack Day – Clean the Closet