#ChurchillPride – February 13, 2020
Dear Churchill Community,
We hope to see many of our families at our winter conferences today and tomorrow. Remember to take advantage of the Book Fair happening in the gym before or after your student led conference. School will be dismissed at 11:40 today and students will not be eating lunch with us. Don’t forget that students do not have school tomorrow or Monday.
Please reach out to our main office at 847-357-6300 with any questions.
Have a great weekend!
Steve Kern, Principal Carol Novak, Assistant Principal
PTA Scholarship and Membership
As part of its commitment to life-long learning, the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs (STC) offers scholarships for summer programs and camps to District 54 students currently in kindergarten through seventh grade who wish to broaden their education, talents and experiences.
**Please note the parent/guardian must be a PTA member at the school attended by the child applying for the scholarship. You must be a PTA member by March 1, 2020.**
Not currently a member of PTA? Stop by the office or download this form and return with your payment by March 1st. Don’t miss out!!!
Severe Weather Procedures
In order to help parents better prepare for the severe cold weather and snow that we often get during winters in our community I wanted to share with you the District 54 Severe Cold Weather Response Plan. District 54 makes every effort to keep our schools open and operational, however sometimes circumstances beyond our control dictate the need to close schools. Please click on this link to read more about our District 54 Severe Weather Response Plan.
We have been seeing many students coming to school on these cold weather days without the proper attire. Please remind your child that they need to bring their winter coat, hats, and gloves every day during the winter time. We go outside for recess and want to make sure that our children are dressed for the weather. When we have snow on the ground students also need to bring snow pants and boots if they want to play in the snow.
Dogs on Property
As a reminder, we are continuing our practice from previous years. Dogs, of any size, are not allowed on school property. We have students who are afraid of dogs, while some have allergies to dogs as well. We also know that sometimes dogs can be unpredictable in how they respond to other dogs and large groups of students. For all of these reasons we do not allow any dogs to be present on school property during arrival and dismissal time. Thank you for helping us to create a safe and healthy environment for all of our students!
Spanish Speech Contest
It is my pleasure to announce that we are now accepting applications for District 54 Annual Spanish Speech Contest. Here is a link to the application and more information: Spanish Speech Contest application
Dates to Remember:
- Thursday, Feb 13th- Half Day of School, Teacher Conferences, Bookfair and Dine Out Night
- Friday, Feb 14th- No School and Teacher Conferences
- Monday, Feb 17th- No School
- Friday, Feb 21st- Family Fun Fair
- Friday, Feb 21st: Snack Day – Snack Pack
- Thursday, Feb 27th- Hot Lunch
- Friday, Feb 28th: Snack Day – Nachos
- Friday, Feb 28th: End of 2nd Trimester
- Tuesday, March 3rd: Feed My Starving Children
- Friday, March 6th: Snack Day – Ice Cream
- Monday, March 9th: Spring Picture Day
- Thursday, March 12th: 5th / 6th Grade Band Concert
- Friday, March 13th: Snack Day – Snack Pack
- Monday, March 16th: PTA Movie Night
- Wednesday, March 18th: 5th / 6th Grade Orchestra Concert
- Friday, March 20th: Snack Day – *Please note, there will be NO Snack Day on Friday, March 20th
- Mon – Fri, March 23-27: Spring Break (No School)