#ChurchillPride – February 21, 2020
Dear Churchill Community,
We hope that you had a great week. Please remember that the PTA and I had to make a change to our scheduled PTA family events. We postponed the Fun Fair, due to a volunteer shortage. The Fun Fair is now scheduled to take place on Monday, March 16th. Tonight (Friday, February 21st) we will instead host our PTA Movie night. The doors will open at 6:00 p.m., and the movie will begin at 6:20 p.m.. The movie being shown is Lilo and Stitch. We hope to see you then!
Have a great weekend!
Steve Kern, Principal Carol Novak, Assistant Principal
We have rescheduled the Fun Fair to take place on Monday, March 16th . Since we do not have school on Tuesday the 17th, we thought that this would be a fun option for families.
If you already purchased Fun Fair tickets you are all set for the new date and do not need to purchase them again.
If you purchased Fun Fair tickets, but will not be available to attend on the rescheduled date, the PTA will reimburse you. Please contact Katie Forsythe (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need to be reimbursed.
For the newly scheduled PTA Fun Fair to take place we need volunteers. Volunteers need to be either a High School student needing volunteer hours or an adult who is a member of the Churchill PTA.
If you would like to volunteer, but you are not currently a member of the PTA please join the PTA before you register to volunteer. The cost to join PTA is $7. You can join PTA by downloading this form and returning it to school with payment, bringing your payment to the front office, or on Memberhub.
The Fun Fair is an important tradition that creates lasting memories for our children. Those able to volunteer can sign up by clicking this link. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4ca9ac28a7f49-funfair4
So that we can communicate early enough with families please register to volunteer by Sunday, March 1st. The PTA leadership and I will be looking at the volunteer list on Monday, March 2nd to confirm whether or not we have enough volunteers to run the Fun Fair. If we do not have enough volunteers by March 9th we will need to cancel the event.
PTA Scholarship and Membership
As part of its commitment to life-long learning, the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs (STC) offers scholarships for summer programs and camps to District 54 students currently in kindergarten through seventh grade who wish to broaden their education, talents and experiences.
**Please note the parent/guardian must be a PTA member at the school attended by the child applying for the scholarship. You must be a PTA member by March 1, 2020.**
Not currently a member of PTA? Complete the PTA Registration form by March 1st. Don’t miss out!!!
Adult ESL Classes at Armstrong
We are offering Adult ESL classes. Churchill families can take the ESL classes at Armstrong starting in March. See the flyer for registration information. This class will be taught by our very own teacher, Mrs. Kocemba! Adult ESL Class Flyer
Dates to Remember:
- Friday, Feb 21st- Family Fun Fair
- Friday, Feb 21st: Snack Day – Snack Pack
- Thursday, Feb 27th- Hot Lunch
- Friday, Feb 28th: Snack Day – Nachos
- Friday, Feb 28th: End of 2nd Trimester
- Tuesday, March 3rd: Feed My Starving Children
- Thursday, March 5th: Pizza
- Friday, March 6th: Snack Day – Ice Cream
- Monday, March 9th: Spring Picture Day
- Thursday, March 12th: 5th / 6th Grade Band Concert
- Friday, March 13th: Snack Day – Snack Pack
- Monday, March 16th: PTA Movie Night
- Wednesday, March 18th: 5th / 6th Grade Orchestra Concert
- Thursday, March 19th: Pizza
- Friday, March 20th: Snack Day – *Please note, there will be NO Snack Day on Friday, March 20th
- Mon – Fri, March 23-27: Spring Break (No School)
- Friday, April 3rd: Snack Day – Nachos
- Thursday, April 9th: Pizza
- Friday, April 17th: Snack Day – Ice Cream
- Thursday, April 23rd: Pizza
- Friday, April 24th: Snack Day – Snack Pack
- Friday, May 1st: Snack Day – Nachos
- Thursday, May 7th: Pizza
- Friday, May 8th: Snack Day – Ice Cream
- Friday, May 15th: Snack Day – Nachos
- Thursday, May 21st: Pizza
- Friday, May 22nd: Snack Day – Clean the Closet
Stay up to date
Make sure that you bookmark these links so that you can stay up to date with all that is going on at Churchill!