Churchill End of Year Materials Drop Off/ Pick Up
It is that time when we need to start planning for the end of the year wrap up. We know that the in-person portion of our school year ended abruptly, and students might not have taken everything home with them. We have developed a plan for families to safely pick up student belongings and to drop off any school/materials that need to be returned. This will take place during the week of May 18. In preparation, our teachers will gather students’ belongings that were left in the classroom into a large plastic bag and will label the bag with the child’s name and room number.
With almost 700 students in our school we have to develop a schedule to quickly and efficiently return student materials to families. For the safety of our staff it is also critical that our schedule limits the number of teachers in the building at the same time. During the drop off / pick up process all staff members will be wearing masks, gloves, and practicing social distancing.
Given that we will have a limited number of staff members at school during this process, families with children in different grade levels will have to make multiple trips to pick up their child’s materials at their assigned time. We understand that this is an inconvenience, however once again we are trying to quickly and safely return student materials to 700 students. At the end of the email you will find that we have set up a staggered schedule for families to come to school. Each classroom has been scheduled for a specific day and 30 minute time slot.
We are asking parents to put any library books, guided reading books, or school issued textbooks in a plastic bag labeled with your child’s name and room number or teacher. Please place these items into your trunk before you drive to school. Do not return Chromebooks or iPads at this time.
During your assigned drop off time please do the following:
- To help keep the line moving, we are asking each car to display the name and room number of the student on an 8 1/2 by 11 inch piece of paper.
- On the assigned date / time parents will pull up to the front of the school in the bus lane. Please maintain one lane so that as you arrive at the front door you will be able to quickly receive your materials.
- Once you get to the front of the building parents will pop open the trunk, and a staff member will place your student’s bag of belongings in the trunk of the car. At the same time the staff member will remove any school materials that you have to return by taking them out of the trunk.
- Parents and students will stay in their cars the entire time.
- Once you have received your child’s materials you will be able to exit the driveway turning left or right.
ON MAY 29th, we will collect IPads from 2nd grade students, as well as iPads and Chromebooks from any student who will no longer attend a District 54 school in the fall.
- Students in kindergarten and 1st grade will keep their district issued iPads over the summer, which will be used in the fall.
- Students in 2nd grade will need to return their iPad to Churchill on May 29th. A drop off schedule will be emailed to you as we get closer to that date.
- Students in 3rd-6th grade will keep their district issued Chromebooks which will be used in the fall.
- Any students who will be moving and not be returning to a District 54 school in the fall will need to return their device to Churchill on May 29th. A drop off schedule will follow.
- A schedule will be emailed out as we get closer to the 29th.
The schedule for the week of May 18th pick up/ drop off is below. On the day that the grade level has their pick up/drop off there will be no new VLearning assignments for that day. Teachers will be assisting at school with the drop off / pickup process, therefore teachers will not be online to answer questions or give feedback. However, enrichment activities will be pushed out to our students that day.
- Tuesday, May 19 | Sixth Grade and Kindergarten
- 9:00-9:30 Baker
- 9:30-10:00 J. Johnson
- 10:00-10:30 Fantauzzo
- 10:30-11:00 Weiner
- 12:00-12:30 Stewart
- 12:30-1:00 Formas
- 1:00-1:30 Peterson
- 1:30-2:00 Kujak
- 2:00-2:30 Santilli
- Wednesday, May 20 | Second Grade
- 9:00-9:30 Durante
- 9:30-10:00 Conway
- 10:00-10:30 Lamont
- 10:30-11:00 Piper
- Thursday, May 21 | Third Grade and Fifth Grade
- 9:00-9:30 Natalino
- 9:30-10:00 Freund
- 10:00-10:30 Woolverton
- 10:30-11:00 Dubinski
- 12:00-12:30 Rice
- 12:30-1:00 Hanley
- 1:00-1:30 Cimorelli
- Friday, May 22 | First Grade and Fourth Grade
- 9:00-9:30 Cotteleer
- 9:30-10:00 Molitor
- 10:00-10:30 K. Johnson
- 10:30-11:00 Mestas
- 12:00-12:30 Necas
- 12:30-1:00 Hayes
- 1:00-1:30 Kubick
- 1:30-2:00 Filipovic